The Halo wars week three

A place for anything fluff related (including narrative campaign details, progress etc) and things like showing off your army or other hobby accomplishments.
Mad Mike
NLS Secretary

The Halo wars week three

Postby Mad Mike » 16 Aug 2016, 14:04

Following the glorious defeat of the Chaos forces spilling from the rifts of Hecaton imperial forces regained control of the 3 stable warp routes out of the expanse in the dead systems of Rune, Illisk and Melberthe. The space around these planets has been seeded with many mines and the Adeptus Mechanicus Labor Day and night erecting massive fortifications and emplacing defence lasers. The Forces of chaos will have to overcome these formidable defences if they wish to leave the rifts in meaningful numbers again.

Disturbing rumours did reach the imperial commander of the Accursed Demense of chaos forces scouring the Pulsar 484 scran system for a relic of untold power - the hand of the prophet. A force of marines Errant immediately moved to secure the relic, but were driven off by a larger chaos force than imperial intelligence had reported. Hoplessly out gunned, in order to deny the relic to the enemy the ultimate sanction of extermnatus was enacted. As the world burned a lone cruiser on silent running left the system quietly leaving nothing but the burning wreckage of 3 imperial blockade craft in its wake. If the forces of the dark gods have recovered the relic they sought this can only have dire consequences for all.....

Whilst the chaos incursions from the rifts have been halted, chaos raiders from the unbeholden reaches continue to reak havok. Indeed there is concern that another force is unifying the Chaos forces of the region. The chant of "McTar" is heard across all vox channels shortly before the raiders strike a world. Whilst who this McTar is remains a mystery, the increased numbers of the Ordo Mealleus moving to the area can only mean the worst....

Elsewhere on the planet Kains abyss the Dark Angels, ignoring the plees of other imperial forces deployed on mass. Rumours of the presence of voice of the Emperor who had evaded them in the 13th black crusade filling them with zealous rage. The forces of the eldar and the black legion. The Angels animated both in short order but there was no sign of the voice once again. Communication has since ceased from Kains abyss, and rumours persist of the space wolves involvement in the dissaperence of the Dark Angels strike force.

Imperial forces were further sent sprawling by the sudden invasion of a unknown Hive fleet. Brave imperial guard regiments are now embroiled in bloody conflict on Footfall and the hermatige in the caldron sector. Imperial reinforcements moving to meet this new threat were in turn anihalated by Necrons forces rising up from a previously unknown tomb world the Imperial counterattack was using as a staging area for it forces assault. Deathwatch kill teams are currently mobilising to assist Imperial forces in the area
Si_
NLS Registered User

Re: The Halo wars week three

Postby Si_ » 16 Aug 2016, 16:53

Good write up.

The Deathwatch are indeed mobilising and preparing to purge any xenos threats.
Conflict_30k on Instagram
The-Red-Terror
NLS Registered User

Postby The-Red-Terror » 17 Aug 2016, 16:58

My lord, it is as we feared, all contact with footfall has ceased and hermitage are currently besidged by undaunting numbers we suspect they will not last long, even the space wolves assitance failed to stem the flow.

Hive fleet Ornithocheirus has eclipsed the planets with splinter fleet's of hive fleet Rhamphorhynchus and Faxinalipterus slowly bearing down on the surrounding planet's of the sector, we have currently been unable to transport any warning to those planet's with the hive fleets standing in our way, and any attempt at telekinetic messaging has resulted in the psyker being left a babbling mess. My lord what should our next action be?

We can only bolster our defences and call for urgent support and releif, and pray to the emperor.

But in the end, it may all be for naught, hive fleet Ornithocheirus is large and ever feeding on our world's. This behemoth, the great devourer does not know fear, it can not be reasoned with, it just feeds and grows. It can not be stopped!
Mad Mike
NLS Secretary

Postby Mad Mike » 17 Aug 2016, 19:59

Awesome write up Aaron! Although I'm not sure our little collection of systems is big enough for 3 hive fleets!!!!!
The-Red-Terror
NLS Registered User

Postby The-Red-Terror » 17 Aug 2016, 20:03

There all one fleet bud, just splintering out the further the nids get.
Mad Mike
NLS Secretary

Postby Mad Mike » 17 Aug 2016, 20:16

Aha I see!
Mad Mike
NLS Secretary

Postby Mad Mike » 17 Aug 2016, 21:17

<<<Transmission From: His loyal servant, Salnion Kett
<<<Transmission To: The Inquisitor Judecarr Sans of the Ordo Malleus
<<<Received from the Astropathic Choir of Hive City 768, Processional of the Damned
< My Holy Lord Inquisitor Judecarr, forgive my extended silence and absence of updates, but I believe your empowered idea to plant small sleeper cells on certain low profile, yet high risk planets has indeed paid off-
I have information regarding codename Dark Phoenix.
At last! It seems an eternity since we first began tracking this elusive force, always arriving too late, always on the back foot, but we finally have some solid and tangible clues to this most perplexing of mysteries.
An unrecognised, powerful signal like transmission – like the ones noted on Thraknal 3, Noctaum and Dashaal 4 to name but a few – was detected some nights ago. Your agents went into action as trained and between us, spread across the necessary facilities as we are, we were able to ‘record’ a copy of it before it ceased. Just as before my Lord, a solid thirty six hours of cognitorial deconstructing did indeed reveal a message tied into this interstellar ‘burst’.
Using the most up-to-date translation data that was sent to us, which granted as you’ll see is still poorly lacking, the following is what we have been able to decode:
*SOURCE UNKNOWN*
*DESTINATION UNKNOWN*
*AUTHER UNKNOWN*
My (Lord/Captain/Master??) Kato,
*TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE* attempts to retrieve the (item/relic/person/prize??) have met with (failure/defeat/ dissatisfaction??), to my (shame/ humiliation/grief??)…
*TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE* heavy resistance. (force/ attache/ battalion/ group??) Ratashin was too (small/ unprepared??) we fought but *TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE* Chaos (commander/ leader/ champion??) severely (wounded/ beaten??) but Imperial (intervention/ interruption??) forced us to (withdraw/ retreat/ mobalise??)…
*TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE* shall return, better (equipped/ trained/ ready??) to complete this (task/ quest/ journey/ debt??)…
*TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE*… Father upon the Throne… *TRANSLATION UNAVAILABLE*…debt of blood and bone!
*TRANSMITION ENDS*
My Lord Judecarr, your loyal servants stand ready. When the Codename returns to this world as they have said they will, we shall be ready, and we shall be waiting…