New FAQ and Errata

Whatever game you want to discuss whether it be tabletop miniatures, boardgames, or cardgames post here.
This could include asking a rules query, discussing a cool list or deck.
Big lad
NLS Registered User

New FAQ and Errata

Postby Big lad » 16 Apr 2018, 23:42

Hi All

Just to let you know GW released their new faq and errata today - lots of beats rules being proposed so expect to see these as changes later this year

A number of points changes especially affecting eldar (reapers now 12 points, all Psykers gone up especially warlocks farceers and spirit seers), but also Nids (flying hive tyrant 190) and the man bobby G (400 points now)

To main rules changes you should all be aware of -

characters no longer can block characters from being shot at

Each time you cast smite you add 1 to what you need to roll unless you are grey knight or thousand son - so roll on 5, then 6 then 7 etc in same round

Big Lad
Si_
NLS Registered User

Re: New FAQ and Errata

Postby Si_ » 17 Apr 2018, 00:08

I really like the Beta "Soup Destroyer". Not so keen on the Deepstriking / Reserves thing though.

Why couldn't it have come out after Conflict though :x
Conflict_30k on Instagram
sjjones
NLS Site Admin

Postby sjjones » 17 Apr 2018, 11:08

I guess this potentially ends Tzeentch Smite spam lists which were beyond disgusting especially if you've no way to counter them. Not quite sure what the big fuss on the proposed deep strike changes are though - it just means turn 1 you can't do so other than in your own territory. A savvy opponent will ensure their back board is covered to prevent a behind the lines Alpha. I guess some Armies (notably Blood angels of course) would feel this, but turn 2 onwards - it's all game.
Guard>Marines
NLS Registered User

Postby Guard>Marines » 17 Apr 2018, 17:16

The turn 2 deep strike would probably make an army that doesn't use it much more static to try and hold it off. Might make some gunline armies (guard, AdMech etc) more static.
However in the current situation, good deployment negates the Alpha deep strike if all they can get is squishy cheap infantry. In theory, there should be more gaps to drop into, closer to choice targets, as stuff gets destroyed.
Big lad
NLS Registered User

Postby Big lad » 17 Apr 2018, 20:33

All

Don't forget that the beats rules are not official - they are a suggestion and GW wants people to try them out and feedback on them

For conflict Si has already stated which rules are in and which are out (we are not using the Beata rules as far as i am aware), and anyone with a brigade will be really happy

Big Lad