Gw finalises 40k Rulebook Faq

A place for creating/viewing tutorials, hints, tips and other things related to the hobby and the whole miniature thing.
T-J
NLS Registered User

Gw finalises 40k Rulebook Faq

Postby T-J » 22 Nov 2016, 18:42

Games Workshop have finished tweaking the FAQ for the main rulebook. Here is the page in question https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... final-faq/

I personally am amused that the way I read it the 2nd faq answer contradicts the final statement of the 1st faq answer.

2 Rules queries form the tournament have been faqed the opposite way to our ruling on the day.

Question: can I choose to use my storm shield save instead of my terminator save against an attack with no AP. I ruled no your "best" save is your lowest save/one that keeps you alive best, so you must use the 2+ save.

GW: Q: Warhammer 40,000: The Rules states that a model gets ‘the advantage of always using the best available save’. Does that mean we have to use the numerically lowest save, or do we have the option of using any save we have?
A: The controlling player can use their discretion as to which of their model’s saves is ‘the best’.

Grenades, as expected the in our opinion (myself, Si, Mike M amongst others) terrible rule of only 1 grenade per unit has made it to the final faq.

Question: How many grenades can you use in close combat. Ruling: while the book illustrates that only 1 grenade can be thrown by a unit per phase, in the same section it states that grenades are used as a melee attack and models can replace their attacks for a single grenade attack, also stating (albeit in a possible fluff term) grenades such as melta bombs are clamped on. Therefore each model in a unit that has a grenade can swap its attacks for a single grenade attack.

GW: Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.
Eldar Paul
NLS Registered User

Re: Gw finalises 40k Rulebook Faq

Postby Eldar Paul » 22 Nov 2016, 21:45

Thanks TJ - that clears up everything! :lol: