Website and Forum Survey - Please Read

Club news will be stickied here, such as minutes of meetings, website changes or things we would like to inform the players about.
sjjones
NLS Site Admin

Website and Forum Survey - Please Read

Postby sjjones » 17 Feb 2017, 09:15

Hello all,

So, following the AGM and talks with the new committee, I've agreed to help LS with dealing with the website and forums in both maintenance and creation. Before we do anything though, it would be very helpful to understand just what members (and indeed non-members) would expect and/or like to see in future version of the website and forums. To this end, I've put together a short survey (mostly multiple choice and a few open questions) to try and capture this.

I will also have paper copies in the next week or so at the club and will come and gently pester everyone :)

Please share this link with anyone else you know who uses the site/forums or comes and games at the club.

Link to Google Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/wU4rhWsyIhnUOvks2

I would't have though this would take you anymore than 10 minutes to complete.

Steve
T-J
NLS Inquisitor

Re: Website and Forum Survey - Please Read

Postby T-J » 17 Feb 2017, 13:00

Well done on the logical appointment.

I filled in the survey took me a while since my additional text kept on getting eaten for some reason.

If you need logins or information just let me know.

If you want to vent about the rubbish job your predecessor did :) just PM me.

One thing I would very strongly suggest, wherever possible keep the website backend no more complicated than it is now. I am sure you can do marvellous things but, if something happened and you could no longer do it a website that required programming to do anything would be a nightmare to keep going.

Inspiration wise our only local competitor is http://www.aftermath-club.co.uk I do not like the way the website looks whatsoever but they have a very nice pairing system (To the untrained eye).
Sam.osborne
NLS Inquisitor

Postby Sam.osborne » 17 Feb 2017, 15:43

Filled in the survey Steve.

I use this forum a lot, anything that can be done to promote its use and traffic would be amazing.

I believe the forum / webpage / FB (not a great fan of) can be a powerful tool to promote the club, gameing scene and community.
Si_
NLS Registered User

Postby Si_ » 17 Feb 2017, 16:42

I've filled it in too.

I believe the forum is a vital tool to the club. I think social media such as FB groups are more user friendly and easier to use but if someone just happens by the forum (or indeed the FB page) the inactivity may indicate a dwindling club.

Even the use of private messaging is useful, although some people are better at responding than others. I've still got a message in my outbox from mid December. I'll mention no names :)

I have every faith that Steve will do a sterling job.
Conflict_30k on Instagram