AGM January

Club news will be stickied here, such as minutes of meetings, website changes or things we would like to inform the players about.
sjjones
NLS Site Admin

Re: AGM January

Postby sjjones » 16 Jan 2017, 23:10

lil james wrote:
sjjones wrote:
Lspind wrote:No he won't he'll be sending his vote to Alex. No poaching votes you little shit.
you tell him Luke! He threatened to ban me if he got voted in... little shit indeed!
I'm afraid this isn't a decision i would make its a vote we as a club have decided to do regardless if i get into power or not :D
Just because you all hate Necrons :)
Lspind
NLS Treasurer

Postby Lspind » 17 Jan 2017, 20:55

We love Steve. Your the Joe Biden of Norwich. You reach levels of moaning and pettiness I can only aspire too :D
sjjones
NLS Site Admin

Postby sjjones » 17 Jan 2017, 22:48

Lspind wrote:We love Steve. Your the Joe Biden of Norwich. You reach levels of moaning and pettiness I can only aspire too :D
I doubt anyone could ever out swear you Luke - I'm sure you fill other people's swear boxes for them :D
Lspind
NLS Treasurer

Postby Lspind » 18 Jan 2017, 21:31

I've just read the club rules over. I might need sanctioning lol. Under 3.1 of the abuse clause
Shaunede
NLS Registered User

Postby Shaunede » 20 Jan 2017, 12:54

Just a quick update on how the AGM went.

Mike Mcquire is now club President
Luke Spindler is Treasure and
Shaun Ede is Club Secreatary.

If anyone has any suggestions advice or stuff they want to bring up let one of us know and we will try to deal with it.
Sam.osborne
NLS Inquisitor

Postby Sam.osborne » 22 Jan 2017, 18:54

Not all will be in favour of this, and I know I'm guilty of it. Should we try and have a period of time at the club where it's random draws o lay for a while, unless it's a specific gaming system you play.

I know I've fallen into the trap of of playing the same people (due to easy and direct communication).

I've seen a few new member down the club, which I'd like the opportunity to play, also random games are good for us all as gamers, meaning we need to build balanced, multi purpose list to deal with any aspect of the game.

So I think we should promote random games more.

Please feel free to shoot me down in flames.
Lspind
NLS Treasurer

Postby Lspind » 22 Jan 2017, 19:11

Random games aren't too much a problem. Apart from... people getting steam rolled. And odd numbers.
Sam.osborne
NLS Inquisitor

Postby Sam.osborne » 22 Jan 2017, 19:58

See I agree Luke, if we all knew it would be random games I'd certainly have a more rounded list, with the ability to deal with a variety of armies and abilities.

Like I said just a suggestion.
Lspind
NLS Treasurer

Postby Lspind » 22 Jan 2017, 21:49

That sounds good.

Our issues are that some people like the random draw. And then some people don't. Some people like the competitive play and tournemant lists. And some people want fluffy play.

We tried just random games. Then people just started organising their own games and not joining in with the random draw.

You make a good point though.
Shaunede
NLS Registered User

Postby Shaunede » 22 Jan 2017, 22:29

My 2 cence on this is as long as everyone has a balanced list its ok. The issues come when everyones views of balanced is different and like Luke said not everyone wants to play that they prefer strong tournament like lists. That in its self is fine but when you get drawn against them randomly with a balanced list the game ends in 2 turns and most people wont play a second game so its like well that was a waste of me coming this week.
That then escalates and we get everyone running uber lists.

What i would suggest and will work towards if people want is to do a fun random draw where i wont want to stipulate what people can bring but make 100% certain that all who want to participate are to bring not meta lists.