Mordheim Returns...

Club news will be stickied here, such as minutes of meetings, website changes or things we would like to inform the players about.
Lspind
NLS President

Mordheim Returns...

Postby Lspind » 20 Nov 2016, 16:54

Hello fellow wyrdstone hunters!

I welcome one and all to the return of Mordheim. Many of you can remember playing the fantasy skirmish game before the time of Age of Sigmar! Before the shareholders.. uh ,uh .. I mean Nagash decided It was time to make the old world go boom.

At the Last Stand we shall be holding an open campaign style play each Thursday. The campaign operates like so.

1.Each person may have up to 3 war bands in the campaign.

2. You can pick up and play at anytime. There is no compulsory play (although you can play every week all night if you wish)

3. All victories, defeats, loot, injuries and general mayhem will stand and have lasting effects on your warbands and carry over into your next foray in to the city of the damned.

4. You may be confronted by more experienced warbands. If and when this happens the organiser (Luke) may set extra objectives to even the scores. (Or possibly unleash creatures of devastating powers and abilities to aid favoured warriors!)

5. All admin I.e warband rosters will be kept at the club together due to everyone last time forgetting where they put them. (Mainly myself)

An accompanying post will sit on the forums detailing any errata and rules clarifications that come up. And the final rule....

6. Under no circumstances should there be spamming or cheese mongering. The campaign will be moderated by Luke and most likely Jack. Players with warbands that cross this line will find their prized heroes going up against the Last Stands Secretary's pet giant, the imaginatively self named, Durk the Fell Legged.

I shall attach a copy of the Rules here so people can download to their E-reader. There shall also be two printouts of the rules at the club for people to use. I (Luke) shall also be on hand to answer questions and guide hose new to the game.

Rules
http://home.deds.nl/~mordheim/MordheimRulebook.pdf

Any problems or queries just post on here for now.

We shall be holding practice games on Thursdays 24th November an 2nd December. Please pick your warbands from the rules set provided.
Over and out shitehawks!
Sam.osborne
NLS Registered User

Re: Mordheim Returns...

Postby Sam.osborne » 20 Nov 2016, 17:08

Great idea, count me in
Sam.osborne
NLS Registered User

Postby Sam.osborne » 20 Nov 2016, 17:10

322 pages of rules.. wowza
Lspind
NLS President

Postby Lspind » 20 Nov 2016, 17:47

No no core rules are at the front. ! Like lol
Lspind
NLS President

Postby Lspind » 27 Jan 2017, 19:50

Just a reminder that intro games and rules talks are happening this Thursday (15th)
Lspind
NLS President

Postby Lspind » 27 Jan 2017, 19:53

Just to make people aware that Jack and I will be playing some games of Mordheim next week. Anyone is welcome to join. Full details of the open league will be given on the night.
Nine Ball
NLS Registered User

Postby Nine Ball » 27 Feb 2017, 12:50

Pop Quiz

If someone had more of the cheap and cheerful Mordheim-type buildings laying around but they were not painted, what would happen if said buildings were left at N.L.S. sometime over the next week or two?

Would they:
A) Get painted by someone else.
B) Wait to get painted by someone else but never actually get painted.
C) Never get painted and get used in games whilst still unpainted, dragging down the quality of the games they were intended to improve?
We stay because we believe. We leave because we are disillusioned. We come back because we are lost. We die because we are committed.
Lspind
NLS President

Postby Lspind » 27 Feb 2017, 19:52

D. I will hopefully get help in painting them myself as we are sorely in need of said buildings and would greatfully try to do them justice.!
Nine Ball
NLS Registered User

Postby Nine Ball » 04 Apr 2017, 09:29

Further to my previous mention about ladders and such, someone might want to make at least one. The last piece of Mordheim terrain from this batch, which I intend to deliver this week, has no access from the ground floor. You will require either a 2" ladder or some form of plank to connect it with the first floor of another building.

Unless you just wish to climb that is.
We stay because we believe. We leave because we are disillusioned. We come back because we are lost. We die because we are committed.
T-J
NLS Registered User

Postby T-J » 04 Apr 2017, 09:52

Out of interest do you think its possible to make ladders that are simple and non descript enough to work in both fantasy and scifi. Or is it best to not even try, because you lose out on both ends.

I ask since there is a certain butchering on Necromunda coming soon that will want all the ladders in the world. I use the term butchering only in the fluff sense (game wise it appears to be an ever so slightly simplified version, perhaps with not as good campaign rules). I dont think any good writer could combine Imperial Guard, Orks, Space Marines, Tyranids, Genestealer Cults, Adptus Mechanics, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Harlequins, Grey nights, Necrons and Tau having random small scale skirmishes between each other into a well defined story or campaign arc.